|Last updated Sept. 6, 2017|
Tuesday Night Classes
|Held at The Mount Community Centre, Beginners and Experienced dancers are in a combined class at the following times:|
|- 6:30 p.m.||
- all levels are welcome for warm-up, footwork, formations
- class starts at 6:30 p.m. sharp, so show up earlier, for 6:10 - 6:15 p.m.
|- 6:45 to 7:30 p.m.||
- Beginner-level dances.
- Everyone who would like to is invited to come and join the beginners
- Intermediate and Advanced dancers are encouraged to help mentor new dancers
|- 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.||
- Combined dance instruction for Beginners, Intermediates, and Advanced
- this will be instruction for Intermediate level dances
|- 8:30 to 8:45 p.m.||- tea break, socializing, announcements|
|- 8:45 to 9:15 p.m.||
- instruction of Advanced-level dances
- for Intermediate and Advanced dancers
- Beginners are welcome to stay and observe
|- 9:15 to 9:30 p.m.||
- Social dances, all welcome
- no instruction or walk-throughs, briefings only
- Annual $110.00 (payment due September)
- Semi-annual 2 x $60.00 (payments due in September and January)
- combined dance instruction *Beginner-level dances
- Intermediate and Advanced dancers encouraged to help mentor
We, as PSCDS members, discussed having "Core Dances" that we can all enjoy dancing.
Dances were compiled from member requests and have been posted on this website in downloadable
format for reference. Throughout the dancing year these core dances will be taught, with careful
adherence to steps and formations, then reviewed, and will appear on dance programmes. The aim
is to encourage fun and competence in having learned and danced a selected core dance. The well
known dance can then be executed from a brief only.
You can find the list of dance briefings here Core dances for PSCDS in .pdf format